What is infertility, what are its symptoms, what kind of treatment method is applied?
Infertility, as it is called in the medical literature, is one of the most important health problems affecting millions of people around the world. In addition to being a health problem that can be seen in women and men, today the number of couples who cannot have children is quite high. According to researches, 10-15% of couples who have unprotected sexual intercourse for a year cannot have a child.
In our article, about infertility, one of the most important health problems in the world; We will try to give short answers about what is infertility, what are the symptoms of infertility and how to apply the treatment method.
What is infertility?
According to the definition of the World Health Organization, infertility; “Failure to conceive within one year of a sexually active couple who had unprotected intercourse without using contraception.” is the status. In other words, in order to be able to talk about infertility exactly, couples must have unprotected intercourse for one year and be unable to conceive. Infertility is one of the important health problems affecting 25% of the world population. In the researches, it can be seen depending on the woman or the man.
What are the symptoms of infertility?
The most important sign of infertility for both men and women is the inability to get pregnant despite having unprotected sexual intercourse for one year. However, some symptoms seen in men and women can be seen as a sign of infertility and an examination may be required accordingly.
infertility in women;
- Imbalances in the menstrual cycle can be considered as a symptom. If you have periods longer than 35 days or shorter than 21 days, you should definitely see a specialist.
- If you are in your 30s and younger, it is expected to get pregnant within 1 year.
- If you are in your 35s and 40s, pregnancy is expected within 6 months. If pregnancy does not occur within 6 months, it is useful to see a doctor.
Infertility in men;
- Sexual dysfunctions are considered a sign of infertility. Example; impotence, ejaculation, such as strain.
- Pain, swelling or a lump in the testicle area during sexual intercourse may also be a sign of infertility.
- Infertility in men can often be caused by hormonal disorders.
Although all these symptoms are not exactly the cause of infertility, they are among the factors affecting it and may be symptoms of infertility.
What kind of treatment method is applied in infertility?
There can be many different reasons for the occurrence of infertility. Therefore, first of all, the causes of infertility are investigated. Different treatment methods are tried according to the detected cause. Some of the treatment methods applied are as follows;
- IVF Treatment
In vitro fertilization is one of the most well-known and most preferred and effective treatment methods among other treatment methods.
As Hüma IVF Center team, we tried to give information about what is infertility, what are its symptoms and what kind of treatment method is applied in our article. We hope it was useful. You can contact us via our website to get more detailed information about infertility or to ask your questions.